Cross Calhoun County on the Underground Railroad.
The 2014 CacheCalhoun.org Geocache Challenge has begun!
Be sure to gather the clues hidden in the caches so you can solve the word puzzle. Bring in the solved word puzzle to the CVB office and you can take home your prize - a Pathtag! Haven't found all of the clues, or having trouble solving the word puzzle? That's okay - we have prizes for everyone. The CCVB office is open Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Geocaching is a family-friendly game combining physical activity, puzzles, adventure and the great outdoors using Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates posted on the internet to find hidden caches (treasure boxes). Learn more about geocaching at www.geocaching.com.
- Log onto www.geocaching.com and create your free account.
- Use the given coordinates (found in downloadable brochure and online) and a GPS device (or app on a smart phone) to find the area of the hidden cache.
- Once found, a cache will contain a log book. Write down your account name and the date you found the cache (you may want to bring your own pencil/pen).
- If there is an object in the cache you can take it, but you must replace it with something of equal or greater value.
- Place the cache back exactly as you found it.
- Report your findings online.