The 2013 Cache Calhoun GeoTour has officially begun! Be sure to hang on to your clues hidden in the caches. Bring in all ten codes to the CCVB office and you'll take home some goodies! The CCVB office is open Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Geocaching: The outdoor sport or game of searching for hidden objects by using Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates posted on the internet.This year's Cache Calhoun GeoTour is in partnership with Geocaching.com and can be found here: geocaching.com/adventures/geotours/cachecalhoun
2013 offers all new caches, all new challenges and all new adventure! Be sure to put your thinking caps on and keep your eyes open!
A GPS device or application for a smart phoneWhat you'll need:
- Log onto www.geocaching.com and create your free account.
- Use the given coordinates (found in downloadable brochure) to find the area of the hidden cache.
- Once found, a cache will contain a log book, write down your account name and the date you found the cache (you may want to bring your own pencil/pen).
- If there is an object in the cache, and you take it, you must replace it with something of equal or greater value.
- Place the cache back exactly as you found it.
- Report your findings online.
The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo is a registered trademark of Groundspeak, Inc. Used with permission.