Have you ever been geocaching before? Geocaching is an outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS to find the hidden treasure. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. Each treasure has something inside, whether it be just a log of names or a piece of treasure. If it has treasure, you can take it but you must replace it with something else.
With our geocaching challenge, you can cross Calhoun County on the Underground Railroad! Calhoun County was a main stop on the Underground Railroad during the 1800’s. Each cache, in the geocaching challenge, is hidden at a spot that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad. There are 10 caches you must find to finish the challenge.
Here is how to complete the challenge:
- Put coordinates into a GPS device.
- Find the search area.
- Locate the hidden cache.
- Open the cache box.
- Sign the Log Book and write down the clues. (Do this part 10 times)
- Solve the word puzzle.
- Bring it to our office at 34 W. Jackson St., Battle Creek, MI.
- Claim your prize.
The Cache Calhoun Challenge is a great way to get out with your kids and teach them what it was like to be on the Underground Railroad. Stop in our office to pick up a brochure or request one from our “Request Information” page.
- CategoryAttractions, Sports & Recreation
- LocationAlbion, Battle Creek, Marshall
- Tagsbattle creek, battle creek geocaching, cache calhoun, geocaching, underground railroad
- By Battle Creek Visitors
- Email: email@example.com
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID