There’s still time to take a mini-vacation, especially if you’re not traveling very far.
The Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Albion is great for an impromptu overnight. You don’t have to make the bed in the morning!
Almost as good as that, you’ll find all sorts of entertainment within walking distance. Nearby activities include:
- Eat a burger at Albion Malleable Brewing Company: Looking for the best burger in Michigan? You’ll find it at this solid brewpub. Mlive went through 500 nominees and sampled more than 100 burgers to declare AMBC as the best in the land. Go gourmet with the Signature Burger or try the house-made veggie burger.
- Indulge at Foundry Bakehouse and Deli: Whether you’re looking for a special breakfast, a sweet snack or a healthy lunch, stop by Foundry. The variety of baked goods is astounding, and we won’t blame you if you visit more than once.
- Goof around at Kids ‘N’ Stuff: The play museum is open for imaginative fun, but with reduced hours. They’re now open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
- Watch a movie in the park: Bring a blanket and watch a movie under the stars, every weekend in August. Saturday movies are at Holland Park and Sunday movies at Victory Park.
- Swing at the Shell: Speaking of Victory Park, you can check out an outdoor concert at the bandshell on Sundays at 6 p.m. It’s a new music style every week, from modern country to vintage swing.
- Shop to relax: Pick up Albion swag at Pure Albion or browse for something to read at Stirling Books. They also have a cafe, so you can find a bench by the river to enjoy your new book and an iced coffee.
- Find family favorites: Tacos and pizza are classic go-to family dinners. You’ll find Lopez Taco House and Cascarelli’s of Albion on main street.
- Travel by bike or kayak: Bring your bicycle or kayak for the Albion River Trail. The trail goes through downtown Albion, and there’s a boat launch into the Kalamazoo River along the way.