Linear Park TrailThe Linear Park Trail is a paved trail that covers 26-miles of Battle Creek! The park goes through downtown Battle Creek along the river. There are six different loops for you to enjoy:
– The East Loop extends 6.9 miles.
– The West Loop extends east for 6.6 miles.
– The Perimeter Loop takes you around 10.5 miles of the park.
– The Fell Loop extends 1.3 miles.
– The Spring Lake Loop extends 1.0 mile.
– The Riverside Loop extends 1.1 mile
For a map of the trails, click HERE.
Leila Arboretum is gem located just northwest of downtown Battle Creek. The park has trails that are part of the Linear Park Trail and has multiple “fun for the whole family” attractions. These attractions include:
-One of the best disc golf courses in West Michigan.
– An outdoor art museum in Fantasy Forest. An area of the park that has turned dead trees into carved/painted art.
– The beautiful Kaleidoscope Garden, an interactive children’s garden.
Calhoun County Trailway
The Calhoun County Trailway is a 6 mile non-motorized trail, with plans to add on more. The trail starts at Memorial Bridge on Verona Road and winds its way through the Ott Biological Preserve, Kimball Pines Nature area and ends up at the beautiful Historic Bridge Park.
Historic Bridge Park is a great place to start your hike. The park is an outdoor museum, home to restored old bridges dating back to the late 1800’s. The park has a kids playground and a kayak/canoe launch for you to easily start your trip down the river.