Become a Certified Tourism Ambassador
Did you know that in Calhoun County, tourism:
- Equates to more than $290 million in economic impact each year.
- Creates over 4,150 jobs.
- On average, brings 1,800 visitors to our county each day.
The Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) program focuses on providing you with skills to give each and every visitor a positive, memorable experience. CTAs learn about the history and current attractions of our entire county, so that any question a visitor asks can be answered with confidence and accuracy.
- Discover new information about our region and gain pride in our communities
- Learn valuable skills and build better relationships with clients and customers
- Expand your industry network and gain a powerful credential
- Gain tools and resources to benefit your job and resumé
- Receive regular advice and updates on course curriculum information
What do you have to do?
- Complete the required pre-reading.
- Attend ONE half-day classroom session.
- Complete the learning assignments.
- Pass an open-book examination.
Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin.
Multiple times a year, networking events are held to allow all CTA’s in the county to gather, meet, and talk with one another. Past networking events have taken place at the Federal Center in Battle Creek, Kids n Stuff Museum in Albion, and the US Postal Museum in Marshall.
There is an application fee of $25 per person and an annual renewal fee of $20. We have scholarships available upon request.
If you are interested in becoming a CTA, you can register at www.CTAnetwork.com. Select Become a CTAfrom the blue menu bar at the top of the page, followed by Sign Up. Follow the prompts to sign up for a class that fits your schedule.