Experience “THE” House With a Clock in its Walls in the real New Zebedee!
Marshall, Michigan has planned a weekend of exciting events to celebrate the premiere of the movie, The House With a Clock in its Walls, based on the book by Marshall native, John Bellairs.
Thursday, September 20:
– Movie Premiere: Be one of the first to see the movie at the Bogar Theatre starting at 7:00 p.m. The movie will continue throughout the weekend. Call 269-781-3511 for movie ticket and show information. Friday, September 21:
– Red Carpet Reception: Celebrate Hollywood style with at at ticketed Red Carpet Reception at “THE” house. Call 269-781-5163 for tickets and details. Call 269-781-5163 for tickets and details Saturday, September 22:
– Street Performers: Stroll downtown Marshall for a unique shopping experience and be entertained by a variety of street performers including magicians and face painters from 11:00 am -3:00 pm.
– Children’s Tea at “THE” House: Join the characters of John Bellairs’ much loved book for tea on the lawn of “THE House” from 10:30 am-Noon. Call 269-781-7821 for details. Saturday and Sunday, September 22 & 23:
– John Bellairs Walking Tour: Marshall District Library presents a guided walking tour of many locations mentioned in John Bellairs’ books, where characters magically bring the books to life. Tours run from 2:00-6:00 pm. Contact 269-781-7821 for details.
Chicago’s acclaimed comedy troupe The Second City brings their trademark brand of American satire to the Franke Center’s intimate stage for an unforgettable night of fun on Thursday, September 20, 2018. Described as “Legendary” by the New York Times, The Second City inspired the original TV show “Saturday Night Live”. Doors open at 7 PM, with the show starting at 8 PM. Tickets for the show are $40 in advance, and $45 at the door. Tickets for the show only will be available Monday, July 16th at 10:00 a.m.
Chicago’s best known sketch and improv comedy group will bring their touring show “The Best of The Second City” to The Franke Center, featuring the best sketches and songs from The Second City’s history made famous by superstars like Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert, Steve Carell, Gilda Radner, Bill Murray and more--as well as their trademark improvisation. Fresh, fast and always spectacularly funny, The Second City is celebrating nearly sixty years of producing cutting-edge satirical revues and launching the careers of generation after generation of comedy’s best and brightest.
As a special fundraiser for The Franke Center, a gala pre-show reception and dinner will be held at the Cronin House beginning at 5:30 PM on the day of the show. VIP patrons will enjoy a private walk-through tour of the first floor of the Cronin House, and a reception on the lawn followed by a Chicago themed dinner catered by Grand River Brewery. One of Marshall’s most stately residences, the Cronin House was featured in John Bellairs book and upcoming movie as “The House With a Clock in Its Walls”. VIP tickets are $75 and include the pre-show reception, dinner, and a reserved seat ticket for the show. A limited number of spaces are available for this VIP experience. Purchase your VIP tickets today, as they are selling quickly.