The W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary conserves native habitat for migratory and resident birds and through research, education and outreach helps people gain environmental awareness.
The Bird Sanctuary was created by W.K. Kellogg in 1927 as a refuge for the Canada Goose, and other migratory birds, and was an important part of Trumpeter Swan restoration efforts in the 1980s.
The area remains an important stopover location for migrating birds and waterfowl. The sanctuary offers 180-acres of diverse wildlife habitats situated on 40-acre Wintergreen Lake.
The paved sanctuary trail runs besides the lake, offering a great view of resident waterfowl.
Purchase a bucket of corn to feed the birds!
It is an ideal spot for families, classrooms, birders, wildlife photographers and nature enthusiasts.