Make your next meeting or event easier by coming to Calhoun County.
You’ll find people are friendly around here. Work with staff who will go the extra mile. And don’t forget to take advantage of the free services provided by the Calhoun County Visitors Bureau, such as complimentary welcome bags and parking maps.
A convenient location
Calhoun County is located along I-94, halfway between Chicago and Detroit. It’s a convenient hub for your participants. There are train stations in downtown Albion and Battle Creek. The Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport (AZO) is 30 minutes away. Avoid big-city traffic and car jams in Calhoun County, while paying affordable small-town prices for restaurants and parking.
We help with room blocks
The sales staff at Calhoun County Visitors Bureau knows everything about navigating the local hotels. Let them help you book room blocks, whether your meeting is for 4 or 4,000. Put in an RFP to ask about availability.
The flexibility of Kellogg Arena
Kellogg Arena has seen a lot of different kinds of events: weddings, rodeos, concerts, conventions, robot competitions, graduations, billiards tournaments and the annual MHSAA State Volleyball Championship. You can depend on the staff of Kellogg Arena to be up to adapting whatever configuration you need. Their professionalism means less heavy lifting for you. Kellogg Arena has 30,000 square feet of flexible space and a capacity of 6,500 people. In 2024, the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel will open, with an atrium connected to Kellogg Arena. Besides two new restaurants in the DoubleTree, there’s good food and brews all within a two-block radius of the Arena.
Unique venues add flair
Set the tone for your meeting with a unique space. Here are five options:
- Albion College: Founded in 1835, this liberal arts college has a historic setting. It was recently the setting for the 2022 Michigan History Conference. A variety of buildings and rooms give you plenty of options.
- Binder Park Zoo: Meeting space is available in the zoo, where you’ll hear the roar of lions. During the summer, there’s also tent cabins right next to the safari available for overnight teambuilding.
- FireKeepers Casino and Hotel: Get a Vegas vibe without ever leaving Michigan. FireKeepers has a ballroom and event rooms for meetings. Their catering is also top-notch.
- Gilmore Car Museum: The large museum campus provides six different spaces for your events. The ballrooms are adjacent to the Main Gallery, where restored cars gleam under the lights. Or arrange for the multimedia room and then take your conference to the next level with a tour of automotive history.
- Record Box: The Record Box Loft is very Instagram-friendly, with hardwood floors, exposed brick and a view of the river. Bonus: A craft brewery shares the same building.
- Wagner Ballroom: Old-school elegance has been restored to this 19th century ballroom, including crystal chandeliers.
Beyond the meeting room
We know you want your event to be a memorable experience, and we can help with that. There are two breweries within walking distance of Kellogg Arena, or try the best burger in Michigan at Albion Malleable Brewery. Downtown Marshall has a charming main street, with lots of shopping and Schuler’s, a restaurant that’s been serving good food for more than 100 years. Go wild at Binder Park Zoo or take advantage of how easy it is to access the Kalamazoo River for kayaking. Cheer on the Battle Jacks baseball team with some ballpark hot dogs and cold beverages at C.O. Brown Stadium. Take your team to meet the baby goats at Esham Family Farm for a yoga session. Schedule a walking tour to see art and murals or learn history.