a city built for sports…
Did you know that floor hockey and t-ball were first developed in Calhoun County? We believe sports lead to happy, healthy kids and the county has plenty of spaces for amateur sporting events.
Battle Creek has hosted a variety of Michigan High School Athletic Association state finals, gymnastics, bowling, hockey, disc golf, floor hockey and World Series tournaments for baseball and softball. We’ve even held organized arm-wrestling and corn-hole tournaments!
For equestrians, Albion College boasts a world-class facility with a competitive arena and stables.
Mountain biking races and dog-sledding happen at the nearby Fort Custer Recreation Center.
However, it takes more than a facility to put on a sporting event, and our sales team will be with you from day one.
Here’s what we can do for you:
- Provide planning assistance with pre- and post-event activities
- Schedule site tours and facility inspections
- Secure room blocks, best rates and a host hotel
- Negotiate room rebates if required
- Create welcome packets for parents when they check in at local hotels.
- Packets include local brochures and discounts to the water park at Full Blast.
- Supply tables with visitor information, maps, coupons, and much more
- Send e-blasts, social media notifications, photos and links to boost attendance
- Promote events with press releases to local media
Let me tell you about my co-worker Jay. His job is to convince people to hold their meetings, conventions and tournaments here in Calhoun County. Once he does that, he…